All about Pugs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry Fur

2 posters

Go down

Dry Fur Empty Dry Fur

Post  Imphavok Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Buddha's fur has been very dry lately, especially along his back near his tail. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so is there something that will help improve it?

He has a bath every month or so (we use an organic shampoo from the Fritz and Bark) , we wipe him down weekly with dog wipes and brush him weekly.

The dryness has been there for the last few weeks, maybe it's the heat in the house (the air in the house being dry?) ?

It doesn't seem to be bothering him at all but we'd like to take care of it before it does become a problem.

Thanks much and have a great day!
Trish
Imphavok
Imphavok

Back to top Go down

Dry Fur Empty Re: Dry Fur

Post  2pugseniors Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:03 pm

Hi Trish,

my apologies for being so late in replying to this!! Poor Buddha!
Yes, it most definitely is the heat in the house. At this time of the year it is extremely dry for a Pug and can bring on the itchies and dry skin.
Vit E oil is something good to massage into the affected area. It will help the skin to rehydrate and will also be beneficial for the itchies.
Adding some sort of fish oil tot he diet can also help out. The boyz get both Cod and Salmon oil in their meals. The cod should be given with Vit E as it helps the cod absorb in the body. usually do salmon in the am and cod in the evening meal.
As for the monthly wash, I don't do the boys until they become pugstinky, usually every 2 or 3 months. Too many could be drying on the skin as well.

Hope that helps Budha out a bit!
Keep me posted Wink

Lori
2pugseniors
2pugseniors

Back to top Go down

Dry Fur Empty Re: Dry Fur

Post  Imphavok Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Thanks Lori! We'll give that a try!
Imphavok
Imphavok

Back to top Go down